AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bill HR 875 Will Put Small Farmers Out of Business
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Doug W
Posted 3/26/2009 23:59 (#658197 - in reply to #657857)
Subject: RE: Bill HR 875 Will Put Small Farmers Out of Business

Regina/ 14 miles South of Moose Jaw Saskatchewan
Was just doing a search to see if anyone had commented on this bill... while I'm not sure if its my place being a Canadian to comment on US legislation, this bill has been hitting the alarm bells in the organic agriculture community in Canada...
...I guess the questions that come to mind are: Have there been any issues with the existing Farm Food Safety Practices in the US? (it seems from this side of the border that the fear of hefty litigation settlements "motivate" food producers to avoid unsafe food practices under the current Farm Food Safety Legislation) -

If there's no existing problem - then what's the motivation for the legislation? --- that tends to support the theory that this bill is an opportunist attempt to grab control of of the farmer's control of their own operations.. (By a certain corporation named in the Blogosphere...)

I sure hope that you folks south of the border at least ask lots of questions of your representatives to make sure this isn't really as scary as its been made out to be!

...Signed: Scared little farmer in Canada....

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)