AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Help a dad whose kid does...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

cfdr
Posted 5/7/2020 08:58 (#8240933 - in reply to #8238111)
Subject: RE: Help a dad whose kid does...

mnfarmboy - 5/5/2020 22:32

has previous quirks that have come and gone.

Most definitely not an expert here, just guessing that with "previous quirks" not related to licking things, it could be an obsessive/compulsive tendency. It is called OCD, obsessive compulsive disorder, when it gets to be a real problem, but, IMHO, there are all degrees of it, and again, IMHO, in its more moderate forms, it seems to me to be quite common. I've taken to calling this obsessive/compulsive tendencies when it really doesn't qualify as a clinical disorder.

https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?sts=t&cm_sp=SearchF-_...

I read this book a very long time ago. I always had these tendencies, and I was always curious about how my brain actually worked and why it worked the way it did. I discovered that, years earlier, I had use these exact methods to modify how my brain processed incoming triggers. Anyway, the book costs $4.98, shipping included, so if you are interested, it won't break the budget. (G)

Again, other than personal experience, I have no qualifications to advise anyone on these matters - so - FWIW. If I am right, however, this book could save your daughter a lot of time figuring this out as she gets older. If you can anticipate a problem and you are ready for it, the problem can be mostly solved when it does hit.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)