AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pick long-term internet service speed/plan
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

farmer53
Posted 5/23/2020 05:42 (#8274562 - in reply to #8237264)
Subject: RE: Pick long-term internet service speed/plan

NW IL
diminishing return. unless you are a hard core gamer nerd that runs a speedtest once every hour, you will never know the difference between 250mb and 1G.

having said that, you will notice the difference when you switch from 10mb cable to anything fiber.

i would say the key to high speed out in the sticks is unlimited data, especially if you make the plunge into more tv streaming. that gobbles the data and is the most noticable speed sensitive task around my house.

my only option for unlimited high speed is a wireless deal from a local provider beaming it from a water tower. lucky I live close enough to town to get it.

we dropped dish network, went to sling and netflix, and have a 20mbs unlimited plan at $85/month. I could pay $110/month for 50mb, but couldn't tell difference after month trial.

my wife and I can both stream in different rooms and run computer and never buffer.

every once in awhile the network will bog but still run. I think as tech gets better, so will reliability. it seems to be less issue as time goes on.

I'll never have fiber due to location, but once I get to 50-100mb connection I'm not sure what any additional speed will accomplish.

if i have a car that goes 100mph do I need one that 250-1000? it's only $30/month more lol. lifetime
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)