AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

gravel driveway
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Sugarcane215
Posted 5/2/2020 09:51 (#8230321)
Subject: gravel driveway

I am currently in the process of building a dirt pad and driveway to build with in the next few months. What would be yall recommendation on driveway material. The property is good high sandy land but we added a ft of topsoil that is mixed from sand to gumbo that we had at our shop from a headland that was bought by the electric company and the top soil was removed and graveled and we got the dirt.
I'm thinking of laying a few inches of good fill dirt that will be used on the pad and packing that down with the dozer then coming on top with 2-3 layers of different limestone for each layer to get it nice and packed.
I am debating between going 12ft wide or possibly wider with the gravels. I did a google search and one of the sites recommends gravel #3 stone as a base layer then a #57 stone for the middle layer then a #411 crushed stone for final layer.
Also should I lay a paper of some sort first before laying the gravel?
What would you do? diverway should be about 100-130 ft from the road.
Cement would be the most durable material but not looking to spend that much on it and would worry about cracking with a tractor and heavy tool pulling in and out of it since the house will be across from our shop and in the area we farm.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)