AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

anyone else have an ender 3?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Jason_WI
Posted 5/3/2020 03:55 (#8231488 - in reply to #8229851)
Subject: RE: anyone else have an ender 3?

NE WI
I have an Ender 5 and an Ender 5 plus.

I threw the stock plastic Bowden extruder away on both.

On the Ender 5 I put on a E3D titan aero with a V6 hot end. I also gutted the electronics and put in a mini Rambo controller and replaced the power supply to a Meanwell. I’m in the middle of putting cable chains on it.

For the Ender 5 plus I put on an aluminum extruder with a direct drive bracket I got off of Amazon. I have no stringing issues with 1mm retraction. Also replaced the hot end to an all metal microswiss.

For jamming do you have your retraction from 6-8mm and at 40-50mm/s retraction speed in your slicer.? Upgrading to a Capricorn Bowden tube will help with stringing. Make sure the end of the Bowden tube is cut square and fully seated down. Seat it down with the extruder hot. It will push out any leaked filament.

The Bowden tube quick coupler fittings from ender are junk. Replace them with better ones. They cut into the tube and then you can’t remove it after a few prints.

Try replacing your nozzle with a new one. Also don’t buy the multipack nozzles on eBay or Amazon. They are only good for shipping ballast.

I’ve had good luck with microswiss Mk8 nozzles.

Maybe the filament is crap. Lots of junk stuff out there. Make sure it’s round with a caliper and not oval shaped. Also make sure it’s close to 1.75mm

Are you printing PLA or PETG?

(63B92F1D-68A8-4576-AC00-5885130A6513 (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 63B92F1D-68A8-4576-AC00-5885130A6513 (full).jpeg (152KB - 6 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)