AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need shop storage ideas
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Rich
Posted 3/26/2009 05:49 (#657056 - in reply to #656849)
Subject: Re: Need shop storage ideas

Kansas
Man after my own heart. Bob you should earn a "green" merit badge for recycling.

I like the old fridge's to use for parts holders. Just have to remember whats in them or your forever opening doors and looking through.

First things first, Rip the old rubber seal out of them so they can breathe. That will eliminate a mold environment while still keeping things concealed. If the doors on the later models won't stay shut then use a bungee chord from the coils in the rear around the side and hook the handles in the front.

Another thing that works nice are lockers out of an abandoned school or ones that a school has replaced. Sometimes military surplus have them.

Hit up a pepsi plant for old shelving that they put pop on and is outdated or check the rear of convenience stores. I got one of them as well.

Bread stores that have damaged racks work nice too.

Know of any abandoned stores in small towns? Look in the windows. See shelving or racks in there? Can probably pick that stuff up fairly cheap.

If you don't care how it looks, theres alot of stuff out there that works great for storage shelving. Just have to be a lil ingenious.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)