AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tilt Sensor 1
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/9/2020 05:36 (#8244638 - in reply to #8231589)
Subject: RE: Tilt Sensor 1

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Following. I believe I might be able to accomplish this with my 1Sheeld Shield for an Arduino Uno and the iPhone App that supports it. The 1Sheeld App allows communication between a smartphone (iPhone in my case) and the Shield via Bluetooth. Most of the phones input/output devices can be used. It would seem that I could create a sketch from their examples to utilize the tilt sensor built into the phone and have it report its findings to 1Sheeld and the UNO to a display such as you've shown in the tractor.

This would require that I physically mount the phone on the planter which I would probably not actually do, but seems like it could work. Doing it the way that you describe with the tilt sensor on the planter and display in the cab seems like a more practical approach. I'd be interested in the sketch if you don't mind. This could be useful for us since we use a Deere 17770NT planter with the two-point hitch. We need to set the height of the hitch after we unfold the planter. Since the tractor has a 3 point height indicator I just use its display to adjust the hitch height. Lately it doesn't seem consistent.

I haven't done much lately with Arduino due to planting etc. but am always interested in your projects.

Edited by tedbear 5/9/2020 05:38
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)