AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Chicken sausage
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

ohiohorsewoman
Posted 4/27/2020 17:17 (#8220515 - in reply to #8220417)
Subject: RE: Chicken sausage

John Burns - 4/27/2020 15:50

LOL. As if I am some kind of expert. That is funny.

Will not be able to help with this one. We discussed buying some casings and making some pork sausage the other day, but that was as far as it went. Anyone have suggestions on the best type of casings for sausage?

Wife is rendering some lard and trying to make some ham type meat today. She is a great cook but we have not been into meat processing much other than smoking.

Please let us know how it turns out.

For me right now, pork is so darn cheap we just pass right by the chicken in the super market. And it is not because I don't like chicken because I do.

I'm guessing you might be right on using dark meat but I don't know. Thighs can be bought dirt cheap sometimes and would be pretty easy to de-bone.

John

Thanks, John. I never considered using chicken as sausage, only pork---until the pending meat shortage d/t the issues at the packing plants. (I have chicken in the freezer.) The video I initially watched at youtube didn't provide a link to where they obtained the casings. I did a search and it seems there are several sources for casings. Here is one from Amazon

I wasn't looking for making chicken link sausage. I wanted to mix some in with venison for burgers and stuffed peppers. It's the other white meat, right? We have a local sausage maker that also makes turkey links. I'll have to do some more research. Maybe an old dog can learn new tricks, eh?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)