AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

An update, here it is, for the world to see and know...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

barren
Posted 3/25/2009 08:14 (#655883 - in reply to #655696)
Subject: RE: An update, here it is, for the world to see and know...

Glasgow, Ky

"The depression is chemical, the depression is my head, not in my head. The psychological and emotional toll this has taken on me over the past five years is significant. I am embarrassed by this, but I truly hope my experiences can help others. No one should have to live the way I lived. The medication is starting to change things, the counseling is extremely helpful andwill go on. We relive many of the times of my life, the happy times, the sad times. We have many mountains to climb, sometimes it seems impossible, but we trudge forward. Patience I am learning. There is hope. There is light. "

Brad,

I fully understand what you are going through as I have been through a form of it myself.  One of the key's to your recovery is your statement that you truly hope your experiences can help others.  I truly believe we experience things in life for a reason.  Only a person who has experienced the depths of clinical depression can relate to how someone who is going through it feels.  No disrespect to others but it is something that can't be explained no matter how much effort you put into it.  

You state that you are embarrassed.  This too, shall pass.  You did not choose to suffer from depression.  It just happened.  You are now on the road to recovery.  Rejoice in this and don't look back other than to draw upon your experiences to help others.  Your friends will understand.  Many who don't know you are pulling for you and praying for your recovery.  There will be those who will criticize and will not forgive.  They do not really matter and their inability to forgive is their problem.  Let them wallow in their anger, pity or whatever they choose to do. 

May you continue your recovery.  Our prayers are with you. Please stay in touch.  My personal email is [email protected].  Feel free to email me any time.  

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)