AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Aldi's Shopping Today
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

born_in_ad1
Posted 4/23/2020 08:40 (#8210940 - in reply to #8209238)
Subject: RE: Aldi's Shopping Today

ESW ND
Kramer from Seinfeld was going to cash in big on bottles....classic episode. lol

JD714 - 4/22/2020 12:09

Jorn - 4/21/2020 02:03

Mountain Mechanic: Yes, I am confused too.

Living in Denmark we are used to paying a deposit for shopping carts. Everywhere. Like already mentioned it ensures the carts are brought back by the user and ready for the next customer. Who would complain if it was not there.

We have for many years paid deposits for bottles. These days glass bottles, plastic bottles and beverage cans all carry a deposit. We get it back when we bring back the containers and feed them into the automated receivers located in all grocery stores.
All this helps keep the environment fairly clean and ensure reuse of resources.

And on the lighter side: We have several huge music festivals each year.(well, they are cancelled this year because of you know what). Unbelievable amounts of beer is consumed and the young guests have their pockets full of money so they just throw the empty cans and bottles whereever.
And what do you know, young people from southern Europe travel to DK for that sole purpose of picking up all those bottles and cans and put them in the receivers to cash the deposit! They make hundreds of dollars a day and the area is kept free from empty bottles.

Deposits on things is not that bad at all, it even creates new businesses.

When I was young we did that here in Indiana, walked the ditches and picked up bottles and returned them to the store, when I returned from the Army they had quit doing that because plastic was cheaper.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)