AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ-Boom and Raven Accu-Flow???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/7/2006 17:45 (#58950 - in reply to #58691)
Subject: RE: EZ-Boom and Raven Accu-Flow???

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I've been bench testing an EZ-Boom today. The documentation gives settings for the Raven Fast Valve.

I don't see anywhere in the documentation indicating a menu item to tell the system to behave with the FAST CLOSE arrangment.

In the Insight with Direct Command, there is a box that can be checked so that the FAST valve is thrown to FULL CLOSE when the boom is OFF. I did not see the counterpart to that box in the EZ-Boom setup.

In other words, I think that the EZ-Boom could work with a two valve system where the control valve is a standard valve or a two valve system where the control valve is a FAST valve. I'm thinking there would be a problem with a single valve system where the valve acts handles both the rate control function and the ON/OFF function (FAST CLOSE) since the valve would not act as a shutoff.

I've never been a fan of the single valve Fast Close NH3 arrangement. The attraction to the single valve Fast Close system is lower cost since only one valve is utilized. In the single valve Fast Close arrangement, the system needs to open and close quickly for the ON/OFF function but yet move slowly once the target rate is encountered. This can result in control fluctuations especially at low rates (not as much of a problem with corn).

In contrast with a two valve system where the control and ON/OFF valves are separate, the control valve remains in its current position when the system is shut off for field ends. This means that the control valve is in approximately the correct position when application begins again.

The EZ-Boom appears to work pretty much as advertised. Personally I would have a tough time with the small screen. I have become "spoiled" with the Insight and Direct Command components and would hate to give up the many features of that arrangement. Of course, the Insight/Direct Command package is much more expensive than the EZ-Boom.

Edited by tedbear 11/8/2006 06:28
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)