AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

lower cholesterol, increase disease
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 4/13/2020 13:40 (#8186410 - in reply to #8186153)
Subject: RE: lower cholesterol, increase disease

Pittsburg, Kansas

It shouldn't hurt anything if it does not bother your stomach. If you are eating a low carb diet it will just be energy that will be burned. If you eat it with a high carb meal it likely will go to fat storage because the carbs will raise insulin and that will direct it to more fat storage. That is my understanding at least. Some paleo diet doctors swear by the benefit of olive oil. I would say it is better than taking a tablespoon of vegetable oil.

We personally take a tablespoon of oil noon and evening meals consisting of half fish oil and half MCT 8 oil with a couple drops of Vit D3/K2 supplement. Does it help? Who knows. But I don't think it hurts and there is some evidence there may be health benefits. Getting off 100 units of insulin a day and all my prescription drugs I save quite a bit of money so I don't mind blowing a little on supplements. They may or may not help but I try to stay with stuff that will not hurt.

It is so hard to say on some of this stuff. I try to go by the doctor hipocratic oath thing, "First do no harm".

John

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)