AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

fishandrun I thought of you
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

fishand run
Posted 4/12/2020 14:44 (#8183725 - in reply to #8183012)
Subject: RE: fishandrun I thought of you

Bloomington and Putnam IL
Thanks for the video John. My first 1,000 or so miles were just like yours are now, slow and painful. My only goal whenever I run was/is to never quit when my mind tells me it's time to shut down and I still have never quit during a run. My thoughts on running ability are pretty simple. The best runners FLAT have better lungs and it doesn't hurt as bad thus they are better. As good as my son was in high school (best grass 3 mile was 16:06 and best track 1600 was 4:53) he was a middle of the pack guy. Before the world shut down last month, a couple of his high school teammates who are brothers ran a 5K with us. One guy he only beat his last race his Junior year and the other brother he never beat. Drew smoked them both and I also beat them both (I'm still surprised how a 15:30 3 mile guy could lose to an old bald 55+ guy after a year or so of not training). The great equalizer running at my age (I am an over muscled plodder) is that the few guys with talent that train still beat me but the vast majority of the ones with talent now have big bellies are easy to beat. With no races to train for I have run 6 to 10 miles per day (usually average less than 5 per day when training for a race with a day or two off before a race) so I've have had to add more potatoes, some evening ice cream and a few Blue Moons to maintain my 150 since the virus outbreak. Running is NOT always a dread, my wife and I ran the hills early this morning (I did 4 with her and 4 more on my own) and saw more deer than cars! Flowers were also pretty when I push mowed (no front wheel assist) the green monster yesterday. Can barely walk now but lifting time...

Edited by fishand run 4/12/2020 14:50

(IMG_0016 (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0016 (full).JPG (110KB - 44 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)