AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

qsx15 with antifreeze where is doesn't belong
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

BigCAT79
Posted 4/9/2020 20:24 (#8177057)
Subject: qsx15 with antifreeze where is doesn't belong

have a new to me tractor with a qsx 15 engine 2008 model, I'm quite positive it has a bad head or head gasket. Have put 10 hours on the tractor, runs well can't notice anything wrong doesn't blow out coolant or run hot. Oil samples came back poor, indicating antifeeze in oil, also high in lead, iron and something else, don't have the report in front of me right now.. Still learning the tractor and a few questions had come up, which are now lining up with what the oil sample analysis is saying.

If that tractor sits for a bit it starts hard, it will attempt to turn over the engine then stop. Have to hit the key a few times before it turns over, once is does start it notice antifreeze coming out of the exhaust after the turbo leaking out of the flex pipe going to the muffler. Will smoke a bit then clears up.

Are head gaskets or heads a common problem for this tractor? Is there anything else that could be putting coolant in cylinder? The oil itself was not over full or milky so I don't think much is getting in the crankcase. Tractor is at the dealer not for further investigation, but would like some input on what I'm in for.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)