AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Food addiction vs need for nutrients
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

havin’funfarming
Posted 4/9/2020 09:57 (#8175759 - in reply to #8175532)
Subject: RE: Food addiction vs need for nutrients

That is a very interesting video. There are two points that really stand out. The first is how the “keto flu” is actually withdrawal symptoms. I’ve had some people comment to me that if a person doesn’t feel well on a diet it can’t be healthy. The realization that it is not the diet but rather the withdrawal symptoms caused by a previously unhealthy diet is a very powerful concept. I myself had not fully wrapped my head around that concept.

Second, I like how at the very end the doctor talks about how so many of us are basically using food as a solution to other mental issues and don’t even realize it. We’ve all been there. We may have been bored, lonely, depressed, etc so we made a trip to the fridge and looked in to see what we can eat as a quick “pick me up”. Although there was immediate gratification it didn’t really work long term as it did nothing to address the real reason we went to the fridge in the first place. We were there because of a mental struggle, not hunger. Like he mentioned, we replaced our true feeling with hunger and didn’t even realize it. Very interesting and often 100% true in hindsight.

It’s another video I need to watch again sometime. I will be passing it on to a few others as well. Thanks!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)