AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deere 7410 fwd light flashes
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Two Hawk
Posted 4/8/2020 23:22 (#8175127 - in reply to #8174884)
Subject: RE: Deere 7410 fwd light flashes

Southern Nevada desert
I dont know for sure that the small frame 7000s are the same as the large ones, but I put a 7410 ccu in my 7800 so I think they are the same.
these instructions are for a large frame.

Blinking light means an electrical issue has caused the computer to set a code, a short, an open circuit, a bad solenoid coil, switch, etc. You should check the codes. 
Move a fuse to the "diag" position, turn on key, use turn signal left/ right until "CCU" is on tach display, pull back on the turn signal (flash to pass) to enter the CCU, use left /right turn to select address 01 to read codes.
085 indicates a switch problem
086 indicates a circuit fault

Turn off the key, turn fwd to ENGAGED (this will turn the power OFF to the solenoid) turn the key on and check for a blinking light, light should be on but not blinking. if no blinking light turn the fwd switch to disengage, does the light start flashing? if so this indicates a short.
A bad solenoid coil can short internally and cause this, swap it with the PTO or diff lock solenoid to test.
On my 7800 the 2 wire harness to the fwd coil was oil soaked down the side of the trans, Deere used wire that is not very oil resistant and it was shorted together about 6" up from the solenoid connector.

Edited by Two Hawk 4/8/2020 23:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)