AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere Parts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

papadon
Posted 4/9/2020 19:16 (#8176854 - in reply to #8174171)
Subject: RE: John Deere Parts

there have many interesting replies and opinions of the 4020 tractor. years ago we bought two 1965 4020 diesel powershifts both used.five years after getting the first one it needed a major engine job new piston liner kit complete head job crank turned all new bearings.having two kinze repowers--a 4620 powershift and a 5020-- so we were very aware of how overbuilt those tractors as well as the 4020 are so we decided to go the m&w turbo route. we set the fuel to develop 116 as per m&w recommendation,broke it on on a dyno--a year later it dynoed 142 no problems years later the rayjay turbo died--oil leaks.now what-- after some checking I went to see nelson horning."lets go look on the shelves and see what's there----a 4430 intake,exhaust manifold and turbo---my question was will that bolt to my 4020 head? answer yes 'sold'.installing this with a larger air intake--4 inch exhaust and not touching the injection pump dynoed 155 hp. to this day we have experienced no trouble. the limiting factor is you still are working with a 90 hp radiator-- still a very peppy tractor work with. the second tractor was aways logie sold the engine to a man wanting to repower a gas job and repowered that one with a 404t from a 7700 combine ending dynoing 155 also after 'playing' with the injection pump to match the other tractor.this is a better engine to repower with as it is equipped with oil spray jets to cool the pistons from the bottom. this tractor also has been trouble free. just my experiences--lots of fun.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)