AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Talked to a retired Marine today
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

iseedit
Posted 4/8/2020 17:34 (#8174275 - in reply to #8174262)
Subject: RE: Talked to a retired Marine today

central - east central Minnesota -

MNfarmer85 - 4/8/2020 17:27 It is possible to take precautions but yet keep at least most of the economy going, however would need to know what people have vs. just guessing, I.E. more test kits available. Also being able to rapidly flex what supply chain a factory is focused on could help... Look at how much stuff is getting wasted, like milk, but due to processing limits cannot be fully used. If you have it, then stay home until it has passed, don't go out spreading it. Likewise, try to reduce your risk of getting it in the first place. Humanity has survived worse pandemics in the past, and we are still here. No one wants to die or have relatives die but it will happen. I just hope this is a wakeup call that we need to focus on staying healthy, and avoiding excessive risks with disease. I think health organizations (CDC, ect.) need to start proactively hunting down viruses that have a high potential to jump from animals to humans and find what vulnerabilities they have. Humans are very innovative, we have used this to our advantage and need to continue to due so. Yes, it isn't the most cost effective to keep something ready to go at moments notice but maybe we have to do that going forward. 

And, there are cases of not knowing you have it and you spread it . . . . . a couple days later, you get the symptoms and know then you have it, after you went to that meeting or Grocery store and spread it to 2-10 people . . . . .  Here in lies a problem with this new virus ~

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)