AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ordering parts during covid 19
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

shade
Posted 4/9/2020 21:48 (#8177349 - in reply to #8172895)
Subject: RE: Ordering parts during covid 19

NC Kansas
I understand your frustrations. I work in parts at a JD dealer and this covid 19 is making parts sales a bit of a challenge. JD seems to be having issues with their parts lookup software and it's a major headache for the parts team also. I'll give a couple of suggestions that I have been doing that makes life a bit easier.
<<<
I have quite a few guys that make a list of parts. When they call and say they "have a list", I will urge them to take a picture of their list and text it to my phone. It has worked great for me, so much that we are now using a program on our computers so the text comes directly to the computer. I then use the computer to return questions and info of order completion.
<<<
Any little bit of extra info is great. If you happen to have a part number for something on the list, it will get us closer to the correct area to keep searching. Or, if you know your model number and serial number and can write it on the edge of the paper before texting it is great also.
<<<
Our biggest hurdle is logistics in the dealership. We are fairly efficient at looking up the parts and bringing them to the counter, but moving them to the drop-off point at our front door is the glitch. We can't take the phone call if we are walking the parts out to the front door. We are getting better at using a little cart and placing orders on it and only 1 person making the trek instead of 3-4 of us constantly.
<<<
I ask for patience as we head into the busy time and calls increase and am sorry you have had a "grouch" on the other end of your call. We all have bad days and for some of us, they seem to come in weeks and months. Have a great growing season and stay safe!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)