AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

So...US Coronavirus Deaths Surpass H1N1 Swine Flu Deaths
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

CMN
Posted 4/8/2020 09:52 (#8173443 - in reply to #8173160)
Subject: RE: So...US Coronavirus Deaths Surpass H1N1 Swine Flu Deaths

West of Mpls MN about 50 miles on Hwy 12
It will take awhile for the economy to recover IMO.

We were forced to completely shutdown our MNDMV offices for a week. Offices that want to reopen, are now allowed to be open on a very limited basis to catch up on the backlog of vehicle dealer work (it is amazing how many "emergency" vehicle sales dealers made) and mailed in vehicle registration renewals. Next week it sounds like we will be allowed to do over the counter tranactions again, provided we adhere to CDC social distancing guidelines.

What I am seeing, and hearing from people we are dealing with everyday, is that people have become firmly entrenched into two camps. The people who will not come out of hiding until someone (and I have no idea who that someone is) tells them it is 100% "safe" to do so, and the people who never went into hiding...which includes many "at risk" people.

Some businesses will not be able to open because of staffing issues, (employees refusing to come to work) and even if owners and employees are willing to reopen and get back work, local, state, or federal government are not going to allow every business to reopen on the same day, in every area of the nation.

Unemployment benefits are pretty good for at least four months for employees who's livelyhood, school district, and daycare was/is shutdown by the government. As an employer who has recently been deemed "essential" again after shutdown, how do...or should I "force" our employees to come back to work if they feel they are "unable" to come back to work for whatever reason?

Many of these new emergency business loans will never be paid back. I'm sure some business owners are taking the loans out with no intention of reopening, paying rent, utilities, employees, or the loans back...the phrase "can't get blood out of a turnip" comes to mind.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)