AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

PJ Gooseneck opinions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

boakfarms
Posted 4/8/2020 06:37 (#8172981 - in reply to #8172729)
Subject: RE: PJ Gooseneck opinions

New Castle, PA
We have a 2013 PJ 32' low profile tandem dually with the hydraulic tail that we bought new. The hydraulic tail is nice when you need it however it is an awful lot of extra weight to drag around when you do not need it, which in our case is most of the time. It is also equipped with electric over hydraulic brakes which in my opinion is the only way to go, but like has been mentioned a little pricey to work on. The worst part about the trailer is the powder coat paint job, it was ABSOLUTLEY HORRIBLE BEYOND BELIEF. In 2016 with under 75,000 miles on the trailer the paint was completely gone, I mean virtually no paint left on it-- had more paint in the bottom of my shoes after I paint something in the shop than was on the PJ. The powder coat just came off in sheets every time you washed the trailer, kind of like peeling a banana. Also the grease zerks on the tail pivot pins ( the ones at the very top) are in a very difficult location to grease . We still have the trailer but do not use it much now, mostly only when we need the hydraulic tail.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)