AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Third party GPS to Ag Leader OnTrac 2+ Problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tmattson
Posted 4/7/2020 22:10 (#8172671)
Subject: Third party GPS to Ag Leader OnTrac 2+ Problems

Nebraska
I have an Ag Leader Integra screen and OnTrac 2+ steering setup. I have been using an Ag Leader GPS 6500 on WAAS for my signal. Wanting to upgrade to RTK accuracy, I learned about the ArduSimple boards. I got the ArduSimple setup and working to provide signal to the Ag Leader Integra. However, I am having issues when I try my OnTrac auto steer.

What is happening is when I hit the autosteer engage button, and am close to the A-B line, the tractor steers and holds the line ok for the first 25-50 feet. Then it starts weaving more and more and gets farther and farther off the line until it is several feet off the line. First thing I worked on were all the settings for the OnTrac: motor aggressiveness, heading aggressiveness, and cross track error. None of these adjustments seemed to help. Tractor would start out steering good and continue to weave farther and farther off the line.

I got frustrated and decided to go back to my 6500 receiver and WAAS. Going back to that setup, the tractor steers as it should: finds the A-B line quickly and stays there. I made no other change but the GPS receiver.

I have the ArduSimple sending NMEA messages in GGA and VTG as requested by the Ag Leader Integra manual. The baud rate is 38400 and the rate is at 10 Hz. On the settings screen in the Integra, these settings are all set the same on both the ArduSimple and the Ag Leader 6500.

Watching the light bar at the top of the Integra screen it sometimes seems sporadic with the ArduSimple signal. Seems like the distance off the line can quickly jump from 5-6 inches up to 1 ½ feet. To me that seems like the maybe the update rate is too slow but it is showing to be at 10 Hz as Ag Leader wants.

Any ideas? Thank you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)