AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why no gas tractors?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

davpal
Posted 4/8/2020 01:42 (#8172857 - in reply to #8172620)
Subject: RE: Why no gas tractors?

Mid Michigan
I don't know why they don't either. I have a newer30 hp diesel utility tractor I was using yesterday and it's a little stinky noisey beast that really doesn't have any more power than my 9n ford that was built 80 years ago. The ford is quiet, starts right up, uses almost no gas all day long, is reliable and has 23 hp with a flathead engine that was developed in 1939. Yes I'm pretty sure they could develop a 30 hp gas engine in the year 2020 that had amazing touque, started instantly in any weather and would sip fuel and not stink the entire area up while you're running it and sell it for a very reasonable price. Good grief, they could put a Chevy cruze or Honda Accord engine in one and it would run like a champ in a small utility tractor. We have several Farmall gas tractors and they've all been as reliable as a stone and pull very well. They can still be running fine in the year 2100 and beyond if somebody wants to take care of them and keep using them. I told a friend of mine yesterday that my 9n could easily go another 80 years if somebody wants to keep using it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)