AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hogs & Cattle limit up... Yawn.....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

kst1
Posted 4/8/2020 07:15 (#8173074 - in reply to #8173051)
Subject: RE: Hogs & Cattle limit up... Yawn.....

There's a lot of wisdom there.

I had my head on straight when this bad boy started..... CHINA CHINA CHINA!!!!!!!!! I was selling beans aggressively, and bought July hog futures against them to protect the upside assuming if they bought one they'd buy the other and I thought it had more upside.... lifted those shorts and was just in hogs when we washed out in late January and the rest is history. I was smart enough to sell a Feb and April against some July length and make some of this back but man it's ugly here. Gonna claw my way back because my position isn't big.

The irony of bailing myself out of trading hogs with the check for raising the rascals on custom rates is rich. I think of you every few days with what's going on. The demand for custom guys is pretty good, I have been sought out by a couple different integrators that can't come up with enough finishing spaces. Name your price, build another barn type of thing.... especially since I'm willing to start weined pigs.

I can see why you're so jaded towards the hogs and why your were over it at the end.

But yes, the Chinese buying is right around the corner! Gonna save hogs, soybeans, corn, and ethanol in one fell swoop with $40 billion.....
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)