AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

tractor delivery as part of the deal?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

NDCat99
Posted 4/7/2020 10:29 (#8171437 - in reply to #8171336)
Subject: RE: tractor delivery as part of the deal?

E ND
I don't believe there is a "usual or customary" when it comes to delivery across the industry. Many dealerships own trucks/lowboys and have drivers on staff to provide this service and individual dealers (particularly larger dealers) I believe do make an effort to handle transportation. This is definitely more common in the ag world than construction as many construction companies run their own truck and trailer and would just as soon do it themselves.

Locally, most tractors get driven by the salesman or customer if less than 20-30 miles. Longer hauls, track machines and overwidth do end up being delivered on a truck/lowboy but in all but the rarest cases that cost is getting billed to the transaction whether it's "added" or "included" is almost irrelevant at that point but definitely a consideration.

In my experience it's all about the customer's expectation and both sides being clear in the deal on how they want to do business. It's also usually discussed up front as in most states there are sales tax considerations to be firmed up taking into account a trade-in, new/used, type of financing, etc. that a good salesman would make sure is correct early in the deal.

If nothing was discussed and it's a cash deal, no trade on a used tractor I'd say it was FOB the dealership.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)