AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

No start chainsaw
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

BryceH
Posted 4/6/2020 23:27 (#8170743 - in reply to #8170547)
Subject: RE: No start chainsaw

Nunn CO
If memory serves the 391 is a kinda "mid level" saw. It still runs a carburetor and doesn't have a M-Tronic self tuning system but definitely isn't a Home Depot home owner saw. If that is infect the case my first question would be were you running stable mixed gas or did you mix your own? I grew up always rebuilding carbs because they would get plugged or needed cleaning. All these new carbs on non self tuning saws are plug and play. If it is plugged its crap, you will need a new carb (they are affordable). If you don't run your saw at last every 15-20 days I think pre mixed stable fuel is ESSENTIAL. After a month that ethanol will plug a little port in there and it just can't be cleaned. I have soaked a carb in carb cleaner for a week and tired blowing air through it after. Just won't get clean.

If your in the money spending mood buy a pro series saw if you replace your current one. They make a 362 and it is an absolute screamer. The M-Tronic self tuning will ensure it starts strong every time. It is the difference between driving a car thats fuel injected Vs. carborated. That being said, don't forget about the ethanol problem. Replacing those parts are NOT affordable.

Good luck
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)