AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Credit Card Cancel
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Supa Dexta
Posted 4/7/2020 06:12 (#8170913 - in reply to #8170508)
Subject: RE: Credit Card Cancel

NS Canada
Have had my cards scammed several times over the yrs, the most being 6 or 7000 - but I was the one to catch it usually. I also used to travel throughout canada and the US a lot though, so my cards were used in a lot of spots - out of the blue sometimes with no real trail of how it got there (not like I was using the card every few hours for food and gas, or plane tickets) so I think they were used to not informing me if it was used in an odd location.

I would call them up to contest some charges - ok sir, sorry sir, we'll take care of those - have a nice day. They never seemed to care it was even happening, and I wondered how many millions of dollars visa must lose a day because of it. Made me think I should be splurging on some fun things if I was of lower integrity, if all I had to do was tell them it wasn't me.

Come to find out they charge it back to the point of sale? so visa is seldom on the hook for it and it's the business that allowed a fake card to be used that has to eat the cost? Which then must be covered by insurance? Either way someone is paying for it - and it can't be the big guys or they would be taking it much more serious than 'ok we'll just delete those off your statement' no big deal.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)