AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

7250 Magnum loses power
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Bigshot
Posted 4/7/2020 03:14 (#8170833 - in reply to #8170738)
Subject: X2 this ^^^

JD 9400 - 4/6/2020 23:20

Rkd843 - 4/6/2020 23:26

Do you know if your waste gate is still working correctly? Almost sounds like it is popping open and dropping boost at a certain point.

there is an Aneroid valve on the back of the pump that controls the waste gate I think, so that could be something else to look at

Probably works somewhat opposite to that. I'm assuming this is an 8.3 with a Bosch P pump, correct??

If so, and you have a wastegated turbo, here's my WAG.

The P pump has an aneroid on the back of the pump. The purpose of this is to limit fuel delivery until the turbo provides X amount of boost.

My guess is your wastegate is opening too easily, dropping your boost. When your boost drops, for an instant it will start to smoke because of lack of proper boost. (Not enough air for complete burn) Then in the next second, the low boost pressure reaches the aneroid, which allows the fuel rack inside your injection pump to back off the fuel delivery, which really kills your power. (Hence the puff of smoke just before you lose power)

Remember, I'm a green fellow, and don't know exactly how your tractor engine is set up. But if it has a Bosch P pump with an aneroid, and a wastegated turbo, I think you have a wastegate issue. Or turbo/boost issues.

My two cents, and remember, it's a WAG!!

X2

Edited by Bigshot 4/7/2020 03:15
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)