AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Are mosques closed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Deaner
Posted 4/8/2020 10:40 (#8173537 - in reply to #8173419)
Subject: RE: Are mosques closed

Northern Ohio
tkoppel - 4/8/2020 10:37

OntarioCanuck - 4/8/2020 08:24

So those Muslims that did evil things should also be removed from being classified as muslim.

Guess a lot of religionists lose their label if that way of looking at things is used. A lot of priests , a lot of ministers still calling their congregations together against the rules so they spread the virus etc.

Not trying to start an argument with you, because, well, past experience indicates that leads nowhere. However, I should like to enlighten you, particularly in regards to your first sentence.

Jesus Christ specifically warns us against using violence against our neighbor. The gospel is expressly a message of peace and redemption. I'd challenge anyone to find any passage where the Savior commands, or even intimates otherwise. His command for living was summed up as loving God with everything in you and loving your fellow man as you love yourself. It's unfortunate, but we Christian sinners just don't always do that, even the best among us falls short, but that is the standard. That's where redemption comes into play...

All you need to do is read the Koran and what the prophet Muhammad had to say about Islam and how to best serve Allah. Violence against those that differ isn't prohibited. No, rather it's expressly prescribed.

I find it very hard to square that basic concept with nonsense claiming it's a religion of peace, since it promotes violence and conversion in order to enforce conversion seems the very definition of evil.

So, what are you left with, which to your way of thinking is more righteous and humane: one proclaims good will to all people, but has adherents that often fail in that requirement, or one that actually prescribes and encourages violence towards those that won't submit, but who's adherents don't always committed kind of activity?

Better yet, given your own often stated beliefs and attitudes, which society would you rather live in. That's the reality I'd like to remind you of.

Keep at home, wash your hands and best wishes!

Is that from the New Testament or the Old Testament?

Are there different interpretations/translations of the Koran?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)