AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Earthquakes and New Madrid fault line
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

RGliden
Posted 4/7/2020 00:46 (#8170800 - in reply to #8169450)
Subject: RE: Earthquakes and New Madrid fault line

NW TN, Dyersburg
IHC, I feel this “scientist” (as he referred to himself) is taking some facts & spinning them into a dramatic report. I read it twice & now need to recharge my BS meter. I must have been under a rock for a couple of years. I live 4 miles west of Dyersburg, 1.5 miles south of I-155 & approximately 14 miles east of the MS River and I know almost nothing of his claims. Seems once there was a report of hundreds of birds falling from the sky somewhere in this area, possibly Blytheville, AR. Other than that, his report is news to me. The only time I’ve ever known of the MS River bridge to be closed has been after a riverboat hit one of the piers, that’s happened maybe 5 times during the life of the bridge. Each closing usually lasted a couple of hours but I think one closing lasted 3-4 hours. The bridge has never been closed longer than that, to my knowledge. As far as the highway being cracked open & having dips, nothing out of the norm for TN highways but certainly not to the point of being impassable & closed. And “walk across the MS & not get your feet wet”.... NEVER in my lifetime. As a matter of fact, his trip was in Oct. 2018, it was then that I lost 60 ac of soybeans because the MS went to near flood stage of 32’, possibly only to 28-29’, my point is, nobody was hiking from TN to MO without a bridge. Also, if there was a crack in the earth within 12 miles of Dyersburg that’s big enough to put a train in, I certainly think it would be common knowledge around here, why heck, we’d all have to go see that. For more than 20 years I’ve provided a location, along with several farmers in West TN, for the University of Memphis to locate seismographs, I talk with them often & they’ve never mentioned anything remotely like this man describes. Maybe they’re sworn to secrecy like the “scientist” mentioned. The next time I talk with them, I’ll get their opinion, maybe they’ll tell me if I need to move.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)