AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Help with Rawson Par2 Hookup
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tjkeegan
Posted 4/6/2020 10:25 (#8169301)
Subject: Help with Rawson Par2 Hookup

I am working on converting our Kinze 3500 from ground driven to a Rawson Par2 hydraulic driven system to allow for variable rate. So far it has been a little more difficult than I expected, but most things in life are I suppose. I am working on hooking it up to a Case IH Mx 135. Hoping someone with some knowledge can help me with the following questions.

1) The Par2 has three hydraulic lines, the pressure, return, and zero pressure return. When I started this project, the tractor only had the standard hydraulic hookups/SCVs. I have already installed a motor coupler return kit on the tractor. I believe I also need a case drain for the zero pressure return, is this correct? So, once the tractor is setup, the hookups would be the the pressure line to the par2 would come from the tractor SCV, the return line would go to the motor coupler return, and the zero pressure return would go to the case drain, correct?

2) I have been unable to get the par2 to run as I would expect. Since I don't have the case drain hooked up yet (as mentioned in point #1), I tried to test the par2 using the hookup I mention above (SCV and motor return) with the zero pressure return going to a bucket (figured that's zero pressure and shouldn't be much oil coming from it to test it out). When I put pressure to it, at low pressure (1000 psi per the filter gauge) the par2 doesn't turn at all. At higher pressure (2500 psi) the par2 will turn initially very inconsistently for maybe 5 seconds, then doesn't turn at all. I thought maybe this was a result of the electronics not being hooked up (figured with no electronics hooked up, it would turn all the time, but maybe that is incorrect), so I hooked up to the Ag Leader stepper control module I have and ran configuration on my Insight, still won't turn. The par2 install manual mentions using the correct orifice in the pressure port. I bought the par2 used (actually got three of them) and it only came with one orifice, and I have no idea what size it is. If I run without an orifice or with the orifice, I get basically the same result. Could this possibly be a result of too much oil flow to the par2, and I just need a smaller orifice? I even tried to bypass the filter to make sure the filter was not preventing good flow and got the same result. I have also swapped out the three par2s wondering if it was an issue with the par2 itself that was causing the problem. All three have similar results, so thinking it is not an issue with the par2 itself.

3) Based on the install manual, I am guessing the previous owner had the three drives installed in a series as only one of the three drives had an orifice. So it makes sense that the orifice I have is larger than what I need (point #2). However, the install manual mentions there being both a 1.93 cubic inch and a 3.0 cubic inch version of the par2. I need a different orifice depending on which version of the par2 I have (part number 329107 - 0.0625" orifice for the 1.93 inch par2, part number 329110 - 0.0810" orifice for the 3.0 inch par2). How do I tell which version I have? The serial number on one of the par2s is 525509; will that tell me what size it is?

4) Assuming I can figure out which orifice I need, where's the best place to get that? Do I need to order from a Trimble dealer, or is that something that I could find through my local parts guy? Not sure if it is a standard orifice that I can easily find.

Appreciate any help anyone can provide. Thanks!

Edited by tjkeegan 4/6/2020 11:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)