AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Activity at hospital
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

mojave
Posted 4/5/2020 17:13 (#8167470 - in reply to #8167398)
Subject: RE: Activity at hospital

NE SD
Exactly. Plus most clinics hospitals have increased telemedicine because of this. Combine this with shelter in place and lack of enough tests to test everyone with symptoms and I'd expect hospitals to be less busy.
Even with increased testing they say we have now, those working in and around infected patients and those in gov't/military will get them first. Paul Rand got one when he found out he had been exposed but did not yet have any symptoms. (this is what is supposed to happen in the general population but isn't).
We should expect fewer visits to hospitals because of social distancing and shelter in place.

I agree with your point about "its not one size fits all". Gov Noem has been getting allot of criticism for not making shelter in place mandatory. I agree with that decision but also feel SD should to do so soon because Covid19 continues to spread. When I go to town its like any normal non-Covid19 day except a few businesses are closed or have altered how the public interacts with them. Still numbers keep going up. Not enough testing but if we mandate it now or soon we could really slow it down until the tests arrive and at that point we can relax it with minimal affect on our local economies. Why wait until a nursing home or smaller towns have outbreaks?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)