AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lets talk marketing
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Errcon
Posted 4/6/2020 02:19 (#8168616 - in reply to #8168307)
Subject: RE: Lets talk marketing

NW central North Dakota
I am by no means a marketing genius, but I have learned a few things while dabbling to learn...
Don’t buy anything with money you can’t afford to lose, like storing crop and buying calls, you’re double betting kinda. I did the exact opposite but bet on same side and figured it a good idea one year To sell hedges and then I didn’t lift puts because I thought I would cut a fat hog in the rear...tuition is sometimes expensive.
But I won’t have to learn it again!
I haven’t sold calls before, but find that a decent way to recover some money spent on buying calls. I haven’t bought calls either, since I use bins to wait things out with a portion I feel comfortable gambling with.
Everyone’s situation is different as far as liquidity and capital needs at different times, lots of different answers that work for some and not for others, I enjoy threads like this!
I also think there is value in having grain hauled while weather is better and it’s already on truck the first time, especially when you can re-own as others have stated thru calls or on the real paper with margin calls....I might work with that more this year, a chance to sell and buy back as seasonals/markets change.
Best of luck!

Edited by Errcon 4/6/2020 02:23
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)