AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thoughts on the open
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

mojave
Posted 4/5/2020 15:38 (#8167276 - in reply to #8167202)
Subject: RE: Thoughts on the open

NE SD
We may have peaked in NY but I doubt it. There will still be deaths for weeks to come and peaking does not mean they are on the down side of the curve. Just means they have finally flattened the curve but will have weeks of death numbers doubling every 6 days instead of every 2 days etc. Recoveries start to catch up to infections. Also, many other cities are just ramping up. 9 states still have not called a mandatory shelter in place. I'd expect a peak a couple weeks after we hear there are enough tests to supply testing stations at every Walmart parking lot in america. This isn't going away with warm weather it will be with us until we have the testing protocol in place. Until then we will always be behind and the majority will have to shelter in place. What we need is national lock down until they get tests in place then slowly we open back up so we can deal with infections in a controlled manner.
I heard Saturday Saudi/Russia deal fell through so they keep pumping. Not good for ethanol or corn. So I expect to hear more ethanol plants idling.
That said IDK what happens with corn and beans or stock market. To me we have not bottomed in stock market. We will have many companies go bankrupt many more cut earning, many more higher unemployment numbers. And the market will have to digest all that.
For corn it seems we either need to see ethanol come back to full production and/or massive exports of corn and ethanol other wise we trade in a narrow range until we see a weather problem if that happens. Gov't set aside?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)