AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thing I am thankful for today
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

OntarioCanuck
Posted 4/5/2020 22:00 (#8168371 - in reply to #8168239)
Subject: RE: Thing I am thankful for today

North of London
I know what your flat ground looks like as we see it on the way to Lake St Clair.
When they make a shallow groove into the field to help the water drain into the roadside ditch which is a deep drainage ditch it is noticeable for me when I have hills that funnel water into runs that if you do not take care ends up washing gullies.

Understand shipping pigs is getting to be a problem. A couple weeks getting delayed becomes a BIG problem in a hurry.

Have not talked with Murry for some time but he tiled his farm last fall and from my field (with a hill) I could see him working along the tile runs picking out the stones.
He has been no till for a number of years and I understand they are going to disk it a little and try to level it out for soys this year. Will be a challenge to keep it level enough for good harvest as those runs will likely settle more this summer but you just have to do it and work with it so you get decent drainage.

Good to hear you found some good help. She will not have much free time now with kids off school unless her husband is laid off like so many.

We are still healthy but more cases in this area and the first one from 3 weeks or so ago died after 16 days in hospital so we have the incentive to stay home.
Lots in freezers and one of our daughters did a little shopping a week ago and brought some fresh vegetables, fruit, milk and eggs.
Milk and eggs would not be too hard for us to get if it became a necessity.

Staying distanced by talking on phone with neighbours and passed up our regular monthly coffee get together as I am the youngest of the group with others having some medical conditions to make them more risky besides age too.
So life is good out in the 'wilds'.

Waiting for the rhubarb to get a little bit taller and life will be even better........
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)