AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

North and South Dakotans...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

raider2b
Posted 4/5/2020 15:59 (#8167326 - in reply to #8166985)
Subject: RE: North and South Dakotans...

North Dakota
Not sure how we can do any more than we are. We are asked to stay home if you are not essential, but what is essential. I work at an implement dealer, would our customers be very happy if their new equipment was held up where it is assembled? How about the cattle guy that has a loader tractor that is broke down. So, I go to work and lock the doors behind us and try to stay away from everyone. Wife works at the hospital, goes to work 5 days a week, has to answer questions and have her temp taken before getting inside. Grocery store is open, pharmacy is open, gas stations, farm supply, mail, UPS, FEDEX, pasta plant and bison plant in next town are all open. Dentist is open for emergencies. That is about 60% of the working people around here. Throw in the restaurants doing take-out and teachers doing online school and that about covers most in our area. Only things really closed are the churches, theater, bars and county offices with the exception of road crews and social services. Less than 2300 people in the county.

Don't get me wrong, we need to be much more careful but small rural communities depend on everyone else for all the things we do.

By the way there have been 15 tests done at our hospital and 1 positive, but that person only has an address in the county but actually lives in a city 120 miles away. At least that is the story, because no one knows who the person is.

Edit: We take our temps at least twice a day, if it goes over 99.5 we will both quarantine at home.

Edited by raider2b 4/5/2020 16:02
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)