AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

North and South Dakotans...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Not quite the middle
Posted 4/5/2020 13:34 (#8167029 - in reply to #8166985)
Subject: RE: North and South Dakotans...

NE SD
People are asked to stay at home, essential shopping or outings only, groups of no more than 10 people, social distancing of 6 ft. My husband and I farm.....25 miles from a town of pop. over 1000 and 8 miles from the closest, pop. 300. Of course schools closed and medical facilities limited in appointments and visits. I work part time at a hardware/home supply store 25 miles from the farm. The store has been quite busy as people staying home find DIY/Honey do lists and need items/supplies. Very few of the store shoppers are getting 'essential items' and most bring at least one family member or the kids with them. I know in the bigger stores in our closest large city, there are rules....no one under 16, one shopper only per family and the distancing. At this point almost everything is voluntary unless you are quarantined by the Dept of Health. So far in our county, one confirmed/recovered case. I see many people not taking this too seriously as some seem to think because of remote location and lack of confirmed cases that it is passing us by. I do agree though that being so sparsely populated we have an advantage.

Edited by Not quite the middle 4/5/2020 13:36
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)