AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bunker Mentality
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

MNfarmer85
Posted 4/5/2020 23:10 (#8168538 - in reply to #8166617)
Subject: RE: Bunker Mentality

South Central MN
I guess I have the view that yes, it could become bad, but mainly from too many people getting sick at the wrong time (hospitals swamped, can't care for everyone.) most likely to happen in an area with a lot who are in the high risk category. Some areas might not be hit that bad at all.

Thing is why shouldn't we also be more careful when we don't have a pandemic virus going around? How many cold/flu viruses have you encountered this past winter? Some of these get spread because someone went out sick, went to work sick, ect. in that case they didn't need to be out and could have saved a lot of people some misery, and possibly even saved someone's life. I'm not a huge social person so probably less of a chance of me spreading stuff to a huge number of people but I know others who would be darned if they don't get perfect attendance at work or who aren't going to let a sickness keep them at home. Maybe this pandemic will make companies realize that sick leave policies that don't give much time off and penalize those who do call in sick might need to be redone.
Every year it never fails, about a week or so after holiday break the kids get sick and so does everyone else, so much travel during a short period you are almost certain to get sick with something if you have younger children in the house.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)