AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corona Slowing down?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

WJKEIGER
Posted 4/5/2020 13:49 (#8167071 - in reply to #8166429)
Subject: RE: Corona Slowing down?

nw NC
Jim , I have no problem with anyone being out on what our state's governor and health department officials have deemed "for essential needs" . Among them are acquiring food and medications ( hence food stores and pharmacies remain open along with gasoline/service stations, auto repair, and many more that I will not even attempt to list.) It is recommended by health officials that only one person from a family go into any retail establishment for needed supplies. Leave children at home. To see families going into establishments and NONE of them are attempting to abide with safety measures is disturbing to say the least. And then you've got to wonder if they are there due to real need or for just getting out of house.

"They are out and about anyway, why not let them go back to work and school." Some of the workplaces that have been closed on health orders perhaps could have remained open with workers and patrons using safety measures, I'm not knowledgeable about that enough to say. But schools I believe would be a real problem, what with the tendency of children to so easily catch and bring home every crud illness known to man. (I remember from 30 years ago my children bringing home the crud to the whole family many times). And then think about this: Just this past week a 46 year old man, who was a Sheriff's Deputy in a county about 80 miles from here, died of Corona virus. He was the school resource officer for the county. In and out of every public school in the county. Thank goodness schools had not been in session for two or more weeks before he got sick. Think of all the children and school staff he could have been in contact with.

As far as me being out and about , I'd really rather not have to. But I will be using cautions every time when I need to go for essential need/business. And that is more than a lot of people are doing.

About the hydraulic hose that I need, I'll call them and tell them I'll drop it at their door and wait in my vehicle while they make it. Have them set it outside the door along with bill. I'll leave them a check in an envelope for payment. Last time I was in pharmacy they said call when I'm there and they will bring it to my vehicle at the curb.
And as for going to urologist to get urinary catheter removed on Tuesday, do you think they will do it in the parking lot so I won't have to go in the building?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)