AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

900 mhz RTK signal range?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Dirtfarmer1000
Posted 4/6/2020 09:11 (#8169145 - in reply to #8164222)
Subject: RE: 900 mhz RTK signal range?

Alberta
I have mine in a 30 foot stiffened oilfield pipe, set up on a high point of the farm. Base is inside a pail to protect from weather and there are 2 large batteries powering it and a charge panel to charge the batteries. The odd time if it is cloudy and rainy for a length of time my base will shut down due to low batteries and need to be restarted. Farm is in hilly land with a 300 foot elevation change. I can get direct reception on all my fields, but I use 900mhz repeaters in my service truck set in a place where I have good reception and transmission in the field I work in as there are dead spots in all the fields due to hills. Max distance from the base is 9 miles as the crow flies. I was told every time you double the height of your antenna you double the transmission distance. If you have no hills a tripod should work fine, trees did not matter as much as hills. For the most part my tripod worked well before I had a base, I had a few fields with dead spots behind bigger hills when I used a tripod, and I got tired of moving tripods and the internal battery was not enough to last the whole day and I had to use a power cable connected to a truck. I would have preferred to set up a base in my house for constant power supply, but my yard is the lowest elevation point on the farm and some of my fields are behind 300 foot higher elevation of hills.

Edited by Dirtfarmer1000 4/6/2020 09:18
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)