AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Keto diet
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 4/5/2020 10:06 (#8166306 - in reply to #8165565)
Subject: 20-50 grams carbs

Pittsburg, Kansas

Our first week we just cut our carbs in half. Then we threw out the rest of the high carb stuff and cut back to around 20 and we have been there since, with an occasional meal maybe up to 50. All estimates so not exact.

I think just cutting back the first week might have allowed us to avoid the keto flu. We never experienced it.

I think you will lose weight anywhere in that range of 20-50. Just depends on how fast you want to lose and if you want the health benefits of being in ketosis. 20 you very likely be in ketosis. Most metabolically healthy people will be in ketosis at 50 grams but people that are insulin resistant may very well not be. If a person is significant over weight and/or diabetic or insulin resistant will probably have quicker and better response at the lower amount. Also if a person is doing 50 and losing weight then stalls, they may need to lower it to start losing again.

50 grams allows a person to almost eat green vegetables unlimited. 20 grams a person has to watch portion size. If a person focus more on eating mostly meat it is a lot easier to meet the low car requirements.

If a person is in ketosis they absolutely know they are burning fat.

At least that is what I have found. Others results may vary.

John

Edited by John Burns 4/5/2020 10:12
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)