AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hate to ask fellas.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

KLo
Posted 4/4/2020 22:00 (#8165295 - in reply to #8163498)
Subject: RE: Hate to ask fellas.

Northeast, NE

Big Ben - 4/4/2020 10:30

KLo - 4/4/2020 06:45

unruhfarms - 4/3/2020 22:09

MN_Farmer - 4/3/2020 21:52

Yep, I'm not gonna expect to get one, or count on one for cash flow, I'm gonna budget and farm as if nothing is coming.

Same here! If you can only cash flow with a MFP... QUIT!!!!!

That is a bull**** statement! You don't know what circumstances have put a farm in the position to need a MFP to survive. Maybe a young farmer over extended himself a little too bit trying to make a go of it. Maybe he is just one or two average years from turning the corner to profitability.
A few years ago I was very against any government help on my farm till all this crap hit the fan. Now I am one of those younger guys needing it to survive.

You say you overextended yourself... now that is looking like it wasn’t a great decision. Why should you be saved when there’s undoubtedly some other guy that wanted to do the same as you, but decided to keep his job and not overextend himself? In hindsight, it looks like he’s the one that made the right decision.

Rewarding bad decision makers at the expense of good decision makers doesn’t seem like a good long term plan.

I am not asking to be saved. I am asking for a "hand up" and a chance to fight another day. The markets took a dive because of China and now the virus. I am trying to produce commodities that I have more control over the price of, but until then I am stuck taking prices that are affected by things I cannot control.

A person has no chance at starting out without sticking his neck out a little bit.  Guess I stuck my neck out at the wrong time.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)