AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How well are folks around you social distancing?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

sonic
Posted 4/4/2020 08:54 (#8163206 - in reply to #8162733)
Subject: RE: Some doing good, some almost ignoring it

Mike SE IL - 4/4/2020 03:29

We're somewhere in the middle. Most of what I do is considered essential. Farming, volunteer firefighter, cemetery trustee, seasonal propane delivery. All of that is "essential".

Some folks are almost totally isolated, especially older folks. Actually has kind of surprised me the folks who have gotten very serious about it and the ones who are going along but think it's a farce. I've talked (that could be in person, on phone, email, text, etc) with a couple RN's that think it's over reaction. I hope they're right.

But on the other hand I was in the field today and looked at a house I farm around. More cars than normal in the drive. Residents on the porch along with I think inlaws. 8-10 (not close enough for good count) standing at edge of porch or on steps talking and sharing refreshments. I could recognize another neighbor, daughter, her guy, and at least one if not two more couples I couldn't make out very well. I gues they were isolating as a group?

I've notice a decrease in auto traffic, especially on the highway. I've been in a gas truck after a blizzard with more traffic. But country road traffic is actually up. And there seems to be a marked increase in side by sides. I think people are isolating but getting cabin fever and going for a ride in the open air.
look at number of nurses smoke
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)