AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Minnesota hospitals
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

JDpastor
Posted 4/4/2020 17:40 (#8164389 - in reply to #8160746)
Subject: RE: Minnesota hospitals

TheBonePile - 4/3/2020 10:37

think of all the greeters, cafeteria people, laundry people, registration people, scheduling people techs, everything that aren't needed if all you have is an VERY active ER and ICU

In sioux falls I think I saw on the news they were converting the cafeteria into more bed space.

I talked to a friend last night. His SIL is a nurse in SF. They are cutting her hours. They have postponed all elective surgery etc so that they are ready. That means the hospitals are not very busy right now. We also heard that the national guard is being called in to set up more hospital bed space. They are looking at this as the calm before the storm. Hopefully they don't need all this extra space, but it is reassuring to know that they are doing all they can to be ready. South Dakota already has some of the highest hospital space per capita in the nation and we are one of the states with the fewest COVID cases. There is a reason why we are practicing social distancing here without shutting everything down. Knowing that our hospitals are not waiting until the last minute to prepare gives me a lot of piece of mind. I am pretty sure our family has already had it and survived, but I am glad that there will be a lot of help for those who might need it in the days ahead. I am also glad that our economy is not completely shut down in this area so that there will be resources to care for those who need it. Because so many are still working, we have a lot of people who are in a position to help others who have lost their jobs and many want to help. When we were quarantined we even had a family offer to send us money since I was not able to work during that time. Fortunately we had saved ahead, so we were okay. No doubt there are stories of greed and selfishness that come out of these sorts of trials, but we are also seeing a lot of generosity in our area. Denny Sanford just donated $1 million to Sioux Falls for a fund that helps those who are having trouble because of lost income over the COVID crisis.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)