AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Your mind is a powerful thing
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Cyclone88
Posted 4/3/2020 07:51 (#8160248)
Subject: Your mind is a powerful thing

NE IA
I have been thinking about this for a while and read an article last night (https://medium.com/the-mission/why-coronavirus-should-be-the-least-of-your-worries-d6ed6abe75bc) about fear and what kind of stress it causes on your body. Fear causes a your mind to go into a fight or flight response which causes cortisol levels to rise. High cortisol levels weakens your immune system.

So in thinking about this because we know Covid has been around for going on at least 4 months now (Starting to see that is was in China in November so could be longer), but nobody felt panicked about it because our leaders were not taking it seriously (not just the president, there were only a couple out of all of them in Washington that actually took this serious). We didn't have a run on hospitals before we thought it was a big threat to our health. Is it because many of the people that potentially had it thought it was just the flu, and we are so use to the flu we figured it would just pass like the flu? We hear all the time about how if you don't think you can win you never will. To me this is the same type of thinking.

We are told that it is affecting older folks and the first thing that happened in the US is it gets into a nursing home (worst case senerio). All of a sudden our leaders start shutting businesses down and telling us to stay away from people and what does it do? Puts fear into the minds of people about the virus. Now all of a sudden it is affecting more 40-60 year olds than it had previously? Could it be because people are fearful causing a weakened immune system? Could it not affect kids as much because they aren't afraid of much. (I have 4 kids ranging from 2 mo. to 6 years old.)

I have a hard time putting what I am thinking down in text form so I am sorry if this comes off as hard to read. Im sure I will get bashed for this line of thinking, but just some thoughts I had earlier and the articles at least puts a little science behind my line of thinking.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)