AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Integra slow turning sections on
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/4/2020 01:25 (#8162720 - in reply to #8162353)
Subject: RE: Integra slow turning sections on

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Sounds like that is a good idea even if it doesn't completely cure your problem The part that seems inconsistent to me is that you say that the Fast valve opens but then there is a delay before any section valves open. If the GPS is giving bad information I can see where this might delay the section valve(s) from opening at the correct spot but the Fast Valve should not open until that point either.

I still and probably always will prefer the two valve system with a Standard control valve and a Master ON/OFF valve. This is more expensive but through the years I've seen problems with the Fast Close systems. In my opinion their only advantage is possibly saving the cost of another valve. The Raven systems only had the two valve system at first. The Fast Close valve was introduced to reduce the price of a system to be more cost competitive with a Dicky John system. Yes, they can work.

You mention this system works well on a 5 sections sprayer. It is likely you are not using a Fast Close valve in that system. It is likely that you are using an inline butterfly type control valve whose position remains fixed when you shut off all sections. When a section or sections come back on, there is product flow available to get to the boom(s). If the control valve has been shut down somewhat due to partial booms for point rows, it is likely that point rows will be encountered on the next pass so the control valve is likely in a good position and will open further as more sections come on.

Edited by tedbear 4/4/2020 01:30
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)