AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

MicroTrak MT-3000 Pin Out (For 12V Paint Source)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/5/2020 10:32 (#8166395 - in reply to #8166009)
Subject: RE: MicroTrak MT-3000 Pin Out (For 12V Paint Source)

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Yes, this could be done rather easily as shown.

The advantage of this method would be an area would be painted any time one or more sections is ON. With the diodes, if a single section is ON, the entire width would be painted. With my approach, nothing would be painted unless the center section is ON. Either way the map is not a completely accurate picture of the situation but better than nothing.

As far as using diodes with a sprayer, I just received a four channel remote board that runs off of 12V. It came with two 4 button fobs. I am going to use it for a remote setup for my 3 boom sprayer. I am going to make an electrical tee to put between my spray controller wiring and valve harness. I will use diodes so that either the controller or the remote board can activate each valve. The diodes will prevent backfeeding from one to the other.

This should allow me to walk behind my sprayer and use the A,B, or C buttons to temporarily turn on each section to check for leaks, pattern etc. When I'm finished I will cycle the sections Off and climb back in the tractor and use the sprayer as usual.

The board can be programmed so that 1) the section will only stay On while I hold its button. 2) will stay On until I hit the button again, 3) will turn On only the button I push but turn off the one that was On. This means exactly one relay is always On.

Since I have four buttons and only need three, I could use 3) so Button A would turn ON section 1 only. Button B would turn ON section 2 only. Button C would turn ON section 3 only. Button D would turn on the fourth relay which would not connected to anything so sections 1-3 would be OFF. Any of the three modes should be workable.

Since my valves have indicators on them and are in plain sight out my front window I can easily observe the valves turning ON/OFF while actually spraying. If my remote system screws up I will notice it right away.

Edited by tedbear 4/5/2020 10:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)