AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hitchhiking
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

99MAX
Posted 4/2/2020 16:40 (#8158886 - in reply to #8158682)
Subject: RE: Hitchhiking

Stearns County, Minnesota

N.D. Where brighter days are coming!About the time we start getting used to it, winter will be back!

This statement of yours reminds me of another story.  I was in St. Cloud, MN and I left there and took I-94 to Sauk Centre, to head north to make a sales call.  It was a very cold day and windy, around 0 degrees.  As I went through an underpass, there was a hitchhiker, with no coat or headgear.  I thought he really needs a ride being in this weather.  So I stopped, and backed up on the shoulder, towards him.  He could hardly walk, being so cold.  He got in the pickup, and the first thing he said, was "I did not realize this country got this cold", and he had a Southern accent.  I said what are you doing in this country; you sound like you are from the South?  He said I am from Tennessee, and headed to ND, to hold Evangelical meetings, at a church there.  I did not say much until I got to Sauk Centre and had to let him out.  I pulled into a truck stop there, where there was a restaurant and fuel.  I reached in my pocket and gave him a $20 bill and said, Do you see that phone booth over there?  You call someone from that church and have them come and pick you up, because you are not going to survive on the road here, with the clothes you have on.  After you call, you and go in and eat and wait here until they come.  He agreed that is maybe what he should do.

Edited by 99MAX 4/2/2020 16:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)