AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another CV question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

NDCat99
Posted 4/2/2020 10:56 (#8158296 - in reply to #8158133)
Subject: RE: Another CV question

E ND
I think it's all a "right now" solution they're trying to get in place. Left unchecked the spread is so fast in congested areas (China, New York, etc.) that we're seeing the result of that there. It's already getting going in our larger metro areas, and I think it will flare up and then simmer for awhile after this. Hopefully awareness will be so much higher, more hygiene, more sick people staying at home, etc. that it stays under control but it's not going away without an immunization which will hopefully be fast tracked. Right now the medical community is all hands on deck to get prepared for the fight.

It's definitely buying time to get more PPE, ventilators, etc. produced and delivered to the front lines vs. a catastrophe so that's a good thing. Get more test kits, different tests, anti-body tests created and in production/distribution to get a better handle on things. I think once we get more testing (anti-body testing) we're going to find that this has been more wide-spread than anyone knows and "herd immunity" won't be as far off as some people think based on current verified tests.

I do think the US generally has such a varied geography and social situation compared to many countries, in particular Europe and Asia. New York is probably similar to China in some ways for disease transmission where our more rural areas, smaller cities are just not going to see the same kind of transmission and "exponential growth" they've been concerned about even without physical distancing. Less people, less shared spaces/surfaces, less public transit, elevators, less crowds in general are good things! There will still be cases but it won't spread like wild-fire outside of smaller groups. When you look at the "heat map" of CV in the US it's wide-spread but concentrated to specific high population areas. Bad for short term health care and patients but generally good for more people being exposed to it and developing immunity.

My $.02 anyways.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)