AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wheat market doesn't seem to be concerned about Temperatures.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 4/2/2020 09:41 (#8158146 - in reply to #8158106)
Subject: Expectations vs Actualities.

I try.. (some times..) to consider.. especially now.. the ramifications of posting.  Why I like to Wait until AFTER the markets are closed and on the weekends.. fwiw.

but yes.. I post.. guilty as charged.

For me it was Rational that Foodstuffs rallied since the outbreak.. Russia says it's limiting supplies.. even though it still says it has normal stocks available to export.. etc.

The Mills and Packers are seeing a Run on Bread and Beef.. (if they can keep a healthy workforce to do it..)  Should it come to that.. We would USE the Military Reserves to deliver supplies.. right now they are working on ventilators.. et all.

The Meltdown in the Energy markets.. are historic.

And given the Energy markets which are the LARGEST traded Commodities on the planet.. which Impact GEO Politics.. The Middle East, OPEC, Russia, and the rest of us.

So.. 

Our Government is kind of busy right now.. I get that.. I don't want to be the Whinny Farmer.. I'm still trying to figure out what is available to me..

Chemicals from China.. are they here yet.. are they safe?
Fertilizer supply.. prices and amounts..
Falling Corn prices.. Do we even NEED ANY Fertilizer.. we're cutting our Potash budget by 2/3d's on our farm.

Do we make the extra Nitrogen pass on the Wheat or save it for another crop.. supply.. prices.. budget..???

Do we cut Rates.. population of seed, Fertility, Herbicide program..

Currently one of my suppliers is battling the flu.. they are down. and given the virus.. No it's not that.. we don't.. think.

Others... one.. "Heck I had Corna Virus last fall.. I'm immune.." ???  okay... ??

So.. we depend upon others.. before we go spend ALOT of $$$ potash for instance.. and then we can't get parts or people to run pivots on those acres..

Economic Triage..   What goes Where First?

So.. It's not ALL ending.. these are challenging times.. but we are working through them.. the best we can.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)